Thursday, January 28, 2010

STATic

I found, there's nothing to this underneath
Just a fight for lives uncertain 
No matter what happens the outcome feels the same
So if I hurry
I'll still be here all the same
I was kidding myself to think
That a hospital bed with wheels
Meant a smoother recovery
Or that every time the vital signs drop
That the doctor will find medication in time

We were all left wondering where the quality of life went
Hooked up to a thousand machines
Everyone would like to think they'd help
But they only preserve the dead
On the days when I'm breathing
Or the days when I'm gasping
It all reads the same
I'm living
At the cost

Cause I'm done here
My life's lost most of it's recognition
For most my wounds are nothing now
Their friends been gone so long
That the cards and balloons are further in between
A way of life, no longer an emergency 
I'm living like this everyday
Like the beep on the LCD
Never stops, and when it dose, CPR is administered
All the same
Everyday
My walls are white
The color I'll never see

No comments:

Post a Comment