Saturday, March 27, 2010

Recipe for Getting On a Teacher's Nerves

[we had to write a 'recipe poem' for class. i was sleepy.]

* 1 cup of random outbursts
* 2 tbsp of ridiculous questions.
* 1 tbsp senseless answers
* 1 tsp illegible handwriting
* 32 oz caffeinated drinks
* 1/4 cup falling out of chair frequently
* 3 tbsp wandering around the classroom
* 2 tsp spontaneous funny faces and dancing
* 16 oz uncalled for humming and snapping
* 3 cups being a smart-aleck
* 5 shakes of periodically announcing to the class that they just lost The Game.

I'm good at making people laugh. (If you don't know what "The Game" is, it's just something we do where if you think of it, you lose it. Entirely pointless. :D)

In other news, I've been writing songs for my band. We want to try to get on Warped Tour within the next few years. I asked my mom, and she said she'd let me go if we got in. She's starting to get more supportive. Today we looked at Les Paul Studios. I like this one. Although, I'm unsure. Maybe one of these instead. She asked the salesman a lot of questions about financing. There's a $100 mail-in rebate we can get. So the first one would be $1,299. I'd still be $600 short, as of now. Although, there's layaway. I know I can get a few hundred this year, with babysitting (hey, it's more flexible than an actual job. and kids love me.) and birthday money and such. Audrey (drummer/sitarist) is coming over Monday and we're going to work everything out. And I am going to return her pants, that have been at my house for months. She left them once, and we keep forgetting. Anyways, I'm definitely getting a Les Paul Studio in the near future.

Cover of Holiday by Green Day soon? I think so. And I recently started a tumblr, here.

Love,
Izzy
[PS - My mom wants me to go by my first name, (which is not Izzy, that's derived from my middle name), and it gets kind of awkward and embarrassing when people find out my first name because it's so far from Izzy, so I'm going to go by Carly next school year. But you can still call me Izzy if you want to.]

No comments:

Post a Comment